This salad is a “wonder” blend of veggies and fruits with an aged balsamic vinaigrette. This sounds fancy, but it is really simple. We had tried kale chips before and liked them and then we tried a kale salad at a friend’s house, so we decided we would make one at home. And for salad dressing, our friends gave our family a bottle of their favorite aged balsamic vinaigrette that they had brought home from Florida, and we tried it and liked it so we put it in our salad dressing.
- For the Salad you will need:
- 3 handfuls of Kale
- 2 Carrots
- 1/3 cup of Pecans
- 1/4 cup of Goat Cheese
- A handful of Cranberries
- 1 cup Sliced Red Cabbage
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Pear
- 1 Clementine
- For the Aged Balsamic Vinaigrette you will need:
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- a quick drizzle of aged balsamic
- couple of cranks of Himalayan pink sea salt and pepper
Instruction for Salad:
- First, add the kale into a pretty big bowl. Break the kale into small pieces. Next, cut up about 1 cup of red cabbage. Make sure the cabbage is chopped nicely. Then peel and cut your carrots into coin size pieces, and add that to your bowl. Peel you clementine and separate it into slices. Cube your avocado into bite size pieces, and add that to the bowl. Cube your pear so that all the juices stay in and that it is bite size. Take a handful of cranberries and dice them, and then add them to the bowl as well. Sprinkle in the goat cheese. Then, to top it all off add in chopped pecans. Mix well.
- Pour the ingredients into a jar and shake vigorously. Drizzle onto salad stir. Drizzle more if you need to.
Any way you eat it, enjoy it.
Lyla and Emily
2 thoughts on ““Wonder” Kale Salad”
It looks amazing!!!! Papa would like it if it had some chocolate in!!!
I’m making that, it looks amazing!! Thanks for sharing girls, and great site!