Do you ever wake up and crave something but you do not feel like making anything that takes a while and is a pain to make? Then these Double Chocolate Muffins are perfect for you! They are super easy to make and you are rewarded with a decadent treat! And shhh, don’t tell anyone that these can be breakfast treats!
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
Makes: 18 muffins
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup melted, cooled butter (1 stick)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a large muffin tin with baking cups.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs gradually adding in the milk.
- Whisk in the melted, cooled butter (you want it cooled so it does not cook the eggs) and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cocoa.
- Slowly fold in the dry mixture into the wet mixture.
- Once thoroughly mixed, stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a greased ice cream scooper (we have found this is the easiest way to do this), scoop the batter evenly into the muffin tins.
- Bake for 20 minutes.