Last night it was a do-it-yourself dinner, and I offered to make mac & cheese for Emily and me. It was a delicious meal, and I would love to share it with you. This simple recipe is a do it yourself kind of meal. You get to decide how cheesy you would like to make your mac & cheese. (personally I make it very cheesy, but I just provide the ingredients and steps).
- 2 Cups Milk (any kind)
- 1.5 Tablespoons Butter(optional)
- 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella
- 2 Cups Shredded(sharp)Cheddar
- 1/2 Cup Ricotta
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan (plus some more for sprinkling on top)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 12 oz Box Gluten Free Macaronis (or regular macaronis)
- Follow the directions for your pasta and when it is done cooking place it back In the pot and put aside.
- Now it is time to make the cheesy cheese part of the mac & cheese.
- In a medium sauce pan, turn on medium-low heat and add in the milk and butter (if you have a double boiler this is good to use so heat won’t burn your cheese).
- When butter is melted, add in cheddar, mozzarella, parmesan and salt.
- When all are melted, add in the ricotta. Serve right away OR you can proceed to bake it for a more solid cheese texture:
- Turn oven onto 350 and grease a ceramic or glass baking dish.
- Pour the macaroni into the baking dish and then pour on the cheesy sauce and store to incorporate.
- Sprinkle with extra parmesan and bake for 20 minutes
- Serve and enjoy!!
- Top with parmesan. Enjoy!
Lyla ♥ 🙂