Whenever pumpkin season rolls around the corner, we always get into pumpkin mode. What is pumpkin mode? Pumpkin mode= an irresistible urge to have everything pumpkin, and to experiment with pumpkin. You are probably thinking that having pumping gets old. Well, it’s doesn’t, it’s a treat enjoying all these pumpkin delights. Now, we usually make soups, dips, snacks and desserts using pumpkin, but we thought why not make a pumpkin drink? There is no way we’d pass that up especially because we are in full pumpkin mode. So, we threw (not literally) some stuff (pumpkin!) into a saucepan, and said: make me a pumpkin latte! But of course this magic is not possible so we stirred and added some simple ingredients and smelled and tasted it until we came up with the perfect and most delicious pumpkin latte. (There is no coffee or caffeine in our latte because we made it in the late afternoon, and who wants to stay up all night without being able to fall asleep? not me. We call it a latte because it’s frothy). Enjoy!
Serving size: makes 2 mugs of pure goodness
- 2 cups of almond milk (or your preferred milk)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (it’s not gross!)
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons pumpkin puree (make sure this is not sweetened or the pumpkin pie puree)
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- (optional) ground nutmeg for topping
- Place all ingredients into a medium sized saucepan. (except nutmeg)
- On medium high heat whisk until coconut oil has melted.
- Transfer to a blender and blend on high for 30 seconds to 1 minute so that the pumpkin latte gets nice and light and frothy.
- Pour into a mug of your choosing and (optional) shave some fresh nutmeg on top!
- Now comes the best part: Enjoy! 🙂
Lyla and Emily,
The Kitchen Twins 🙂