This is a really delicious, extra rich and creamy hot chocolate with a very special fall ingredient- pumpkin!! I love all things pumpkin and one day I was just experimenting with my hot chocolate and added in pumpkin and some spices. It turned out to be the best hot chocolate I’ve ever had. Lyla agreed. For school, I just wrote a story around the magical powers of this hot chocolate. I hope you find it magical too.
- 1 cup of milk (any kind)
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon 100% cacao powder or Dutch cocoa
- 2 Tablespoons canned pumpkin (not the sweetened kind)
- 1/4 teaspoon Pumpkin spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Toppings: whipped cream, cinnamon and chocolate sauce
- Get a sauce pan out and pour your milk in. Turn on low heat. Let it heat up for a few minutes.
- Add your sugar, cacao and chocolate chips.
- Using a whisk, stir until combined and creamy. The chocolate chips will melt.
- Don’t let it boil.
- Now gently stir in the pumpkin, pumpkin spice and cinnamon.
- Whisk gently until creamy and combined and starts to thicken.
- Take out a mug and ladle in so the mug is 2/3 full.
- Add whipped cream over the top, sprinkle with cinnamon and then the chocolate sauce.
Emily, The Kitchen Twins