We find that one of the greatest things about burgers is that they are so versatile with what you can put on them. These Kale Quinoa Burgers are delicious served with anything you like, and they still retain their awesome flavor and a perfect hint of spice. We love ours on an open-faced sandwich on top of cabbage or whole grain bread with a chipotle yogurt sauce, avocado, and pickled radishes.
Makes 4 burgers
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 packed cups baby kale
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon picante salt seasoning
- 1/3 cup cheese of choice (we used a mix of asiago, fontina, and provolone)
- In a food processor, add all ingredients and blend until the mixture is fully combined.
- Split into 4 parts and form into burger patties using your hands. It helps to cover your hands in water so that they do not stick.
- Heat a lightly greased pan to medium heat. Cook for 2-3 minutes, flip, cook for another 2 minutes. Then reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for another 7 minutes to ensure that it is cooked through.
Enjoy any way you like it!
Emily & Lyla