We love purple potatoes because they are so pretty and pop in every dish, and we love smashed potatoes, so it seemed logical to combine the two and make these vibrant veggies the star of the show with this decadent recipe for herb smashed purple potatoes!
- 6 washed medium purple potatoes
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 clove minced roasted garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Bring a medium-sized pot of water to a boil.
- Poke each potato 3-4 times with a fork, and add them to the water.
- Cook for about 15 minutes, until the potatoes are tender (poke with a fork to test it out).
- Meanwhile, mix together the thyme, salt, oregano, garlic, and olive oil.
- When the potatoes are done, take them out and gently dab with paper towel to remove any excess water.
- Place each on a parchment covered tray.
- Gently press on each potato with a fork until it just starts to crack.
- Spread olive oil on each of the potatoes (both sides) and pop them in the oven for 10 minutes and enjoy!
Lyla and Emily