Besides the fact that these bars are great fuel, they are super delicious and probably the best chocolatey goodness you are ever going to have. They have taken a while to perfect, but this recipe is absolutely delicious and you can taste each ingredient! Enjoy making and eating; got to say, though, we are liking the eating!
- 3/4 cup old fashion oats (not quick oats)
- 1/4 cup cocoa or cacao unsweetened powder
- 2 tablespoons chia seed
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 ripe banana diced
- 1/4-1/3rd cup sliced almonds
- In a medium bowl, add the oats, cocoa (or cacao), chia and mix well.
- Stir in the almond butter and maple syrup and mix until all incorporate.
- Add in the diced banana and stir until evenly distributed.
- Line a square pan with parchment paper and add the mix, pressing down so evenly distributed.
- Sprinkle the sliced almonds on top of the batter.
- Freeze for about 1 hour until solid and then serve or refrigerate there after.
- Makes about 16 bars. Store in fridge.
- These will be like super food super fudge and super delicious (and they are gluten free, vegan, and healthy)!
– Emily & Lyla