This pesto is so fresh and perfectly green (Lyla’s favorite color). It is really simple. We made it in our Vitamix but you can make it in a food processor or regular blender too. With pesto you normally add parmesan cheese but we did not have any so we topped our pesto pasta off with goat gouda and I’m glad we did not have any parm because this was better. We added the pesto to gluten free fettuccine pasta. We have tried EVERY single gluten-free pasta out there; really we have. But when our Aunt met someone at a food and garden show that had a Barilla booth she told them about us and they were nice enough to send us a case of Barilla gluten-free pasta. It tasted like real pasta, and was not dry or slimy. It went perfectly with our fresh basil spinach pesto. You can pair the sauce with any of your favorite pasta! Enjoy, The Kitchen Twins
Fresh Basil Spinach Pesto
Ingredients (serves 4 with some left over)
- 1 1/3 cup good olive oil
- 2 cups fresh basil (packed down in the cup)
- 2 cup fresh spinach (packed down in the cup)
- 1/3rd heaping cup walnuts
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Topping: Goat Gouda and sauteed broccoli and asparagus
- Put all ingredients as listed in a row in a high speed blender and blend until pureed.
- Mix into your favorite pasta and top with lots of Goat Gouda cheese. We used Barilla Gluten Free Fettuccine.