The Super Bowl. It is one of the most exciting foodie days of the year. You need to be prepared to watch hours of football, though, and that is where we come into the game. Snacks, you need a ton of them. And when we say a ton, we mean it. One of the most renowned snacks for the Super Bowl is Buffalo wings. They are hot, spicy, and crunchy. Being vegetarian is hard thing on the big day, but we have the solution.
Our dad is from Buffalo, so he knows all the tricks to making the perfect Buffalo wings. But he, like us, is vegetarian. We have researched about meatless chicken and tried it , but all of it is g-r-o-s-s. So we thought our cauliflower “wings” would be a better substitute but with our touch. And they are! The cauliflower is soft, but with a touch crisp on the outside. Our sauce makes them nice and spicy and mouth-watering, the perfect big (vegetarian) snack for game day. The best dip with our cauliflower “wings” is our Feta Greek Yogurt dip. Its really refreshing and tasty.
We chose tapioca flour to coat the cauliflower this is because it does not taste floury but helps crisp up the cauliflower nicely.
Cauliflower “Wings” Ingredients
- Cauliflower, 1 head cut into bite size florets
- Olive oil (about 3 Tablespoons to coat the cauliflower)
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 Tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 cup Franks hot sauce
- 1/3rd cup unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Put cauliflower florets in a bowl and toss with olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine tapioca flour and smoked paprika
- Toss the cauliflower with the tapioca paprika blend.
- Put the cauliflower on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake for 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan melt the butter and hot sauce and set aside.
- Remove the cauliflower, toss with 3/4 of the hot sauce and put the cauliflower back in the oven for 5-8 minutes
- When done, put the cauliflower on a nice platter and drizzle with the rest of the hot sauce.
- Serve with the Feta Greek Yogurt Dip (recipe below) and celery and napkins!!
Feta Greek Yogurt Dip Ingredients
- 2Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons parsley
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup of feta
- Put all ingredients in mini food prep and process until smooth.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with your cauliflower “wings”
Enjoy Game Day!!!
Emily and Lyla,
The Kitchen Twins