Why anytime veggie pancakes? Well because you can literally have them anytime. They are perfect for breakfast, lunch, dinner, apps, or even as a quick snack. You probably have all of the ingredients and they are super simple and super delicious. There are not enough words to describe how flavorful and perfect these savory pancakes are! The herbs are working here at their best!.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 8 minutes per, about 30 minutes total
Makes: 7-8 pancakes
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded yellow potato
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 10 baby tomatoes, diced
- 5 large leaves of basil, washed and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2teaspoon dried oregano (we like the kind that comes on the stem)
- Butter for frying
- In a large bowl add the wet/raw ingredients (eggs, carrots, potato, tomato, basil).
- In a separate small bowl whisk together the dry ingredients and thyme and oregano.
- Mix the dry into the wet ingredients
- In a large sauté pan over medium-low heat melt 1/2 Tablespoon butter.
- Add a 1/4 cup at a time of the batter (making two at a time) and squeeze out the extra liquid before putting the batter on the pan. (you will end up with some leftover liquid in the bowl)
- Cook each side for 5-6 minutes until they are brown and crispy, making sure that the carrot and potato are cooked.
- Continue this until your batter is done.
- Serve plain or with some yogurt to dip in.
These are vegetarian and you can easily make them gluten free or not.
Lyla and Emily
The Kitchen Twins