This summer we have been doing a lot of hiking in the Adirondack Mountains and there are always lots of wild blueberries, so we were inspired to make blueberry muffins. We actually bought our blueberries from our farm stand from a mother and daughter farmer because the blueberries we pick do not make it past our mouths! They are so delicious we finish them before we get home!
- 5 Tablespoons Chia
- 3/4 Cup + 1 Tablespoon water
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1/2 Cups almond meal
- 1/3 Cup chunky apple sauce (we used sweetened)
- 1/3 Cup sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Topping (see below)
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large bowl, Mix chia seeds with the water and let gel (about 5 minutes)
- Add to the chia bowl all the rest of the ingredient adding except the blueberries. Mix together.
- Add in the blueberries and mix well.
- Grease a 12 count muffin tin and fill tin then prepare the topping below.
- 2 Tablespoons oats
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil or cold butter
- Mix together the above topping ingredients
- Sprinkle the topping onto each muffin and press in a little
- Bake for 30 minutes then let them cool a little.
Hope you enjoy! 🙂
Lyla and Emily, The Kitchen Twins