This is a delicious recipe for peach galette. It is great in the summer with fresh peaches and we have made for the holidays or just for a random treat dessert. The crust is flaky and delicious with a soft peach filling that is definitely going to win over your guests if there is any leftover ( :
Ingredients for the crust:
- 1 1/4 cups flour (we use gluten free)
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 TBS well chilled butter
- 1/6 ice cold water
Directions for the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a food processor, combine the flour, sugar, and salt.
- Add the butter, blend, and while the food processor is still mixing, slowly add in the water until a dough ball is formed.
- Spray a pan and roll out the dough so it is half an inch thick.
Ingredients for the Peach Filling
- 5 or 6 farm fresh peaches
- 5 TBS sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 TBS flour (we use gluten free)
Directions for the Peach Filling and assembly
- Peel and cut the peaches.
- Add the cinnamon, sugar, and flour. Mix this until combined.
- Layer the peaches in a circle 2 inches away from where the dough starts. If you are having trouble with this step and the next take a look at the photos below.
- Roll the leftover dough up onto the sides of the peaches. Wash the dough with butter or an egg wash, sprinkle with sugar and a dash of cinnamon (we say for luck!)
- Bake for 50-60 minutes and serve with fresh whipped cream. Enjoy!!
Lyla and Emily,
The Kitchen Twins 🙂